Sunday, January 1, 2012

VOM FASS - A JEWEL OF A FIND

I am truly happy to share my jewel of a find - Vom Fass in Singapore. I was walking around aimlessly trying to while away some time while waiting for my table at a chinese restaurant in Ion mall, Singapore. And that is precisely the moment, I walked by Vom Fass, a specialty store that sells liqueurs, gourmet oils, fruit vinegars and special single malt whiskeys.

Since my trip to France in May 2010, I have been on a serious look out to buy Creme de Cassis to make Kir Royale. Kir Royale is a great aperitif and I remember starting my evenings with a Kir Royale every single day. I was very excited to find Creme de Cassis in this beautiful little store. They were also selling Creme de Framboise, which is also used with champagne or white wine for a Raspberry flavoured aperitif.



This store has a fantastic concept where you get to pick a beautiful glass bottle first then get it filled with a liqueur or other specialty product from the store and then they personalise it for you. And when you run out of the liqueur you can always take the bottle back to the store for a refill.

It is apparently a Germany-based company with outlets in the U S, U K and Singapore. For product information and recipes to use their products, take a look at www.vomfassusa.com and www.vomfassuk.com.




The shop carries a wide range of liqueurs - chocolate and coffee based cream liqueurs, citrus based liqueurs (limoncello, orange liqueur, etc), Kirsch, Nut based liqueurs (nussino - hazelnut, walnut, etc) and fruit based liqueurs (passion fruit, mango, apple, blueberry, etc). Some of the gourmet oils they sell are avocado, pumpkin seed, basil, truffle, grape seed, hazelnut and almond oil. The shop also sells a variety of aged balsemic vinegars from Modena.






And the miniature barrels contain a variety of single malt whiskeys, cognac, sherries, rum and armanac.



It is a very interesting store for people who want to pick special ingredients to make cocktails and gourmet creations. And for those us that have encountered unusual liqueurs in baking recipes will be thrilled to find all those and many more other options in this store. I felt like a kid in a candy store in Vom Fass. So those of you that travel to Singapore in the future should try and stop by at this place for unusual finds.

And here is a picture of my loot from Vom Fass, I can't wait to use them in my cocktails and baked goodies.



VOM FASS
ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn #04-25
Singapore 238801
Phone: 6509-8409/8284-4343

No comments:

Post a Comment